Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh, Wal-Mart… how you annoy thee.

Went to Walmart today to get some things for work. Usually, the day is slightly less annoying than the evening. Today, not so much. So... here we go... Top 10 Things That Annoyed me at Walmart Today:

1. Orphaned shopping carts in the parking lot

2. Shopping carts returned to the corral in a haphazard manner rather than in two, nicely organized lines

3. People parking in places that aren’t parking spaces

4. People trying so very hard to find the closest possible parking spot on the warmest day of the year

5. Almost as many people using electric carts as those not (maybe they all need them, I don’t know, but I doubt it)

6. One person blocking one side of the isle, another one blocking the other while eating an apple pie. I stand there for two minutes and give her a dirty look. She states she needs something where the other person is. And, apparently, doesn’t know how to walk backwards.

7. “Walmart People” (Oh, you know.)

8. Walmart employee answering a question using the fewest possible words and without making eye contact or moving in any way (although the second person I asked happily walked me to the item—my hat off to you)

9. Not enough checkers. Too many self-serve lanes.

10. “Please place your item inside the bagging area. Please place your item inside the bagging area. Please wait for assistance.” The item is in the stupid* bagging area, you stupid* machine! You want me to throw it in again? How ‘bout I purchase a hammer and place it in the bagging area after I finish beating your stupid* speaker into oblivion? Not so demanding now, are you?

*Not the words I wanted to use.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

ha ha, this cracked me up! Especially because today on facebook I saw another friend comment that "she normally doesn't mind shopping at Wal-Mart, but does have a problem when someone is slowly paying for their items using their Access card while talking on their fancy iPhone".
Sadly, I'm guilty of the whole "throwing the card in the corral in a haphazzard manner". But, to bring a bright shining light to your day, I went to Wal-Mart today too. And I can tell you that here people don't leave an empty cart at the end of the line for the bagger to put your items in. I never realized how convenient that is for everyone until I moved here and they are trying to load bags into my cart before I'm even finished loading my stuff onto the conveyer belt.

wow...that was a really long "comment".

Nora said...

*lol* So funny, I can picture it and it would drive me crazy as well! Then on the other hand, we don't have Walmart here (at least not anymore, they weren't successful so they left the country again), so I can't go on Walmart tours anymore, so whenever I am in the States, I go inside one just to look around and have the Walmart-feeling... Weird, isn't it? Don't answer that! ;-)