Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You... yes, you. Join flickr.

I'm on a quest to get people to join flickr. Which... I'm just going to go ahead and say it... may be the coolest website on the whole www. So, here are my reasons why:
  1. It's an easy way to share all your pictures with everyone.
  2. It's also an easy way to share pictures with just a select few. You can create permissions and feel very powerful.
  3. You can tag all your pictures which makes it easy to find that picture (and any other like it) very quickly.
  4. It's free although you can purchase a pro account for some special added powers.
  5. It's a community. I can comment on your pics, you can comment on mine, complete strangers can comment on other complete strangers.
  6. You can draw little boxes on the pictures and add funny notes. Like, you can draw a box around someone's hair and say... hey, that's some stupid-looking hair.
  7. When you log in, you get to see any new pictures your friends have added.
  8. You can view pictures other places than your computer. I can view them on my iPhone and on my TV (via AppleTV) for instance. Of course, you'd have to have those things.
  9. It's a great backup in case your house burns down and stuff.
  10. And, for you fellow bloggers, it's easy to create a blog from any picture WITHIN flickr. That's right, you don't even have to leave the site.

There's other things too, but I have the uncontrollable urge to stop at 10. So, join flickr, won't you? If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and help. As they say, flickr really is more fun when others join in.

If you want to see my flickr pages, see http://www.flickr.com/brad_holt and http://www.flickr.com/asherok

No comments: