Sunday, December 28, 2008

The lost art of saying "thank you."

Okay, a little rant here. I'm a big stickler for the whole being polite thing. Lots of "please" and "thank you's" from me. That's just how I was raised. I'm beginning to see an unfortunate trend of that going away, especially in businesses. If I buy something from you, no matter if it's a Mountain Dew or a new truck, I want to hear you say "thank you," and try to mean it too.

I'm going to tell the person who waited on me thank you too, even if I don't hear it first. You helped me, so you're getting a thank you. Here are some acceptable responses to my thank you, in order of my preference.

1. Thank you too!
2. You're welcome
3. Have a good day

Here are some unacceptable responses, one of which inspired this rant.

1. Yeah.
2. Mmm Hmm
3. Uhh huh
4. No response whatsoever

Okay, I'm done now. If your in the business of helping people, please take this to heart. Oh, and thanks.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I hear ya! And thanks for being a good blogger! ;)