Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kitchen / Dining "Central Perk" Renovation, Day 14

'Twas the night before the flooring and all through the house... Brad was driving himself crazy trying to get ready and acting like a louse. I was so not in the mood to work this evening, but flooring is coming tomorrow so I had to get ready. That included painting. With a brand new roller that broke--no exaggeration--within two rollings. Something came loose inside and it just swiveled every which way. So, that made things even more unpleasant. Here's just one example of some fun I had. I knocked over a full glass of water onto my cabinets which I had just finished putting a coat of stain on. That ticked me off, so I threw the cup and what water was left on it splashed onto the wall I had just painted. That really ticked me off, so I threw down the roller, which knocked over a can of polyurethane off a table and 90% of it spilled on the floor (that was fun to clean up, plus I needed the polyurethane). So, I decided it was time for a break. Anyway, I eventually got everything done, cleaned up and moved the oven and fridge out by myself, which was quite a challenge in itself. Tomorrow is flooring and backsplash (at least it BETTER BE) and, hopefully, this weekend I will get the crown and base molding up. Then I will be done!

Follow the progress over at Flickr.

2 comments:

Nora said...

Argh, don't you just hate it, when you get really annoyed and you throw things and it gets even worse because they break something or so. Drives me crazy! Try screaming really loud. I know you don't curse, but that sometimes helps too.
Other than that, do you have to work today (Friday)? It's a holiday here, so if you're off, you have time for the flooring... I am excited!

Felicia said...

That sucks, but on the upside it makes for a funny blog post! It's looking so great! Can't wait to see the next pics you add. Maybe you should glaze that wall that the window and door are located on. Just an idea. What kind of backsplash are you doing?