Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kitchen / Dining "Central Perk" Renovation, Day 4 & 5

I really thought I could contain the dust. How naive of me. I tried really hard. I did. I completely sealed off the kitchen with plastic. I taped up the vents. I opened up all the windows. I was proud of myself. But, it's kind of like Jurassic Park when they say that "life will find a way"... except it's the dust that found a way. It didn't help that anytime the front door opened it changed the air pressure and breached my plastic barrier. Oh, well. Things needed a good dusting anyway.

The neighbors will all be glad to know that demo is complete! It's probably a good time too. I think they were about to plan a revolt. I dusted everything off today, so I'm ready to stain the cabinets and paint. Hopefully, I'll have some major progress to show off next week.

For now, I will go take a shower and wash out the several pounds of dust in my hair. Today, I got to see what I will look like when I'm old and gray. Ehh, it wasn't all the bad.

If you like, follow the progress over at Flickr.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Ha, ha! I could have told you that dust would find it's way to every nook and cranny!